logs not ending up at Syslog

От nicky
Тема logs not ending up at Syslog
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello All,

I'm trying to configure my PostgreSQL 8.1.x (on FreeBSD 6-STABLE) to log
through syslog, yet somehow my logging doesn't end up in the specified
log files.
I'm kind of at a loss as to where i messed up. I'm hoping someone can
help me fix it.

Below are uncommented lines in my postgresql.conf file, related to logging:

log_destination = 'syslog'

# These are relevant when logging to syslog:
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

log_min_messages = debug5               # Values, in order of decreasing
detail:
log_min_duration_statement = 0          # -1 is disabled, 0 logs all
statements
                                        # and their durations, in
milliseconds.
silent_mode = on

log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_duration = on

log_statement = 'all'                   # none, mod, ddl, all

And i've appended the line below to my /etc/syslog.conf

local0.*                                        /var/log/pgsql

Restarted both PostgreSQL and syslog, yet, nothing gets displayed in
/var/log/pgsql.

Can someone give me a clue?

Thanks in advance.

Nick