Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> (I should have thought a single file DB would be MORE liable to
> fragmentation, BTW).

The likes of Oracle/SQLServer preallocate the files(s) at database
creation time, so there will be little or no initial fragmentation.

However, they are typically allowed to grow to accommodate extra data -
this means that fragmentation over time *can* become a problem for these
guys too - but looks like we can suffer it from day 1.

Cheers

Mark

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue