Re: Dump performance problems following server crash

От Kim
Тема Re: Dump performance problems following server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
We dropped into single user mode and ran reindex system - it was my understanding this would reindex them all, including shared catalogs - but perhaps not?

Kim

Tom Lane wrote:
Kim <kim@myemma.com> writes:
The current dump query running:
SELECT t.tableoid, t.oid, t.relname as indexname,
pg_catalog.pg_get_indexdef(i.indexrelid) as indexdef, t.relnatts as
indnkeys, i.indkey, i.indisclustered, c.contype, c.conname, c.tableoid
as contableoid, c.oid as conoid, (SELECT spcname FROM
pg_catalog.pg_tablespace s WHERE s.oid = t.reltablespace) as tablespace
FROM pg_catalog.pg_index i JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class t ON (t.oid =
i.indexrelid) LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_depend d ON (d.classid =
t.tableoid AND d.objid = t.oid AND d.deptype = 'i') LEFT JOIN
pg_catalog.pg_constraint c ON (d.refclassid = c.tableoid AND d.refobjid
= c.oid) WHERE i.indrelid = '44240'::pg_catalog.oid ORDER BY indexname

Amount of time it took me to run the query from console: ~5secs (I'm
counting in my head, sophisticated, eh?)
Even 5 seconds is way too long.  You've apparently still got something
corrupted somewhere.  Did you reindex *all* the system catalogs?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--

kim hatcher
senior developer, emma®