Re: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> The Bizgres project is working on resource management for PostgreSQL.  So far,
> however, they have been able to come up with schemes that work for BI/DW at
> the expense of OLTP.  Becuase of O^N lock checking issues, resource
> management for OLTP which doesn't greatly reduce overall performance seems a
> near-impossible task.

Right - I guess it is probably more correct to say that the
implementation used in Bizgres is specifically targeted at BI/DW
workloads rather than OLTP.

At this point we have not measured its impact on concurrency in anything
other than a handwaving manner - e.g pgbench on an older SMP system
showed what looked like about a 10% hit. However the noise level for
pgbench is typically >10% so - a better benchmark on better hardware is
  needed.

Cheers

Mark

Сообщение: Re: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction
Сообщение: Re: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction