Re: Treatment of views with associated rules -

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Treatment of views with associated rules -
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Ben Trewern wrote:
> All,
>
> I've just been trying to setup some updateable views using standard views
> and associated rules.  Is there any possibility of when you open a view in
> the SQL editor the SQL for the associated rules also show up.  It would seem
> to make sense.  When a view is dropped the rules are silently dropped also
> so if you're not careful you loose them.  (Happened once! :-()
>
> Thanks for your attention.

Hi Ben,

I intend to look at handling updateable views, but for the moment want
to hold off until we see some real code (hopefully) in 8.3-dev. I'm not
keen to have to do the work twice if PostgreSQL's view implementation
ends up changing drastically from what we currently have.

Regards, Dave.