Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Milen A. Radev wrote:

> I consider the decision to distinguish between functions and procedures
> in pgAdmin's UI very unfortunate.

It's a historic thing - procedures actually appeared in early versions
of EnterpriseDB originally where they were considered different objects
from functions if memory serves. The distinction remained when 8.1 was
released.

I'm happy to discuss re-engineering that if people want (can't guarantee
I'll actually get time to change anything myself though).

Regards, Dave.