Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use symbolic names not octal constants for file permission flags

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use symbolic names not octal constants for file permission flags
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use symbolic names not octal constants for file permission flags  (Glen Knowles <gknowles@ieee.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 18:46, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I think we can just #define the other cases as zeroes. �I'm not sure why
>>> you think that's an issue for open --- the privileges don't exist.

>> Hmm. I was/am worried about any case that specifies *just* one of the
>> permissions that don't exist. That'll leave it at zero, whereas the
>> correct one might be the user-only version of whatever (read/write)
>> was given.

> If we didn't specify the "user" read or write privilege, we shouldn't
> get it.

I put in #define's for these, and it seems to have fixed the MSVC
buildfarm members, but cygwin is still broken.  How come ... doesn't
that port use port/win32.h?

> What are the values of _S_IREAD and _S_IWRITE, anyway?  I'm still
> wondering how come the previous coding with hardwired constants
> behaved correctly.

Still curious about this.