Re: libpq-fe: PQgetvalue() ?

От Danny Milosavljevic
Тема Re: libpq-fe: PQgetvalue() ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm replying to a thread that is two years old (
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2004-10/msg00099.php
), but:

 >Tom Lane wrote at Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:21:29 -0400:
 >>Christoph Haller <ch ( at ) rodos ( dot ) fzk ( dot ) de> writes:
 >> You cannot PQclear(pgresult_varible) while cstring_varible is in use.
 >> You do not need to free cstring_variable, PQclear(pgresult_varible)
will do.
 >> I personally prefer to allocate local memory, "strcpy" PQgetvalue,
 >> and then PQclear. But that's a matter of taste, I suppose.

 >That is surely overkill.

 >PQgetvalue doesn't allocate new memory for its result.  The docs are
 >reasonably clear, I thought:

 >     The pointer returned by PQgetvalue points to storage that is part
 >     of the PGresult structure. One should not modify the data it points
 >     to, and one must explicitly copy the data into other storage if it
 >     is to be used past the lifetime of the PGresult structure itself.
 >
 >            regards, tom lane

Shouldn't the return type of "PQgetvalue" be "const char*", then?

Maybe its just me...

regards,
   Danny Milosavljevic

Вложения

От: "Francois Rigaudie"
Сообщение: Fwd : Rép. : Re: dblink locked query