Re: Getting FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Getting FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Hopfgartner <peter.hopfgartner@r3-gis.com> writes:
> Since some days we are getting the above message.
> Also in the PostgreSQL logs we get:
> FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

This is a result of something sending SIGTERM to the backend process.

I have heard reports of "load management" software that SIGTERM's
processes more or less at random whenever it decides the system is
overloaded.  If you have any such junkware installed on your server,
try disabling it.

> The server is from Dell, Dell's hardware monitoring, OpenManage, says that the hardware, in particular memory and
disk,are ok.

Never dealt with OpenManage before, but you should cast a wary eye
upon any Dell-specific software on the machine.  This behavior is
definitely not normal for Unix systems, so you need to look for
nonstandard software (and what's more, nonstandard software running with
root privileges, else it couldn't SIGTERM postgres processes).