Re: quick review

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: quick review
Дата
Re: quick review
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Unless you have buggy hardware, there is no need for a repair tool.
>> That is our position.
>>

> And when I mentioned that to two of my largest customers, they both
> looked at me like I had lost my mind.
>
> Something to think about.

Now ask your clients what errors they see that could be fixed by a
repair tool. I think Bruce's formulation is unfortunate, and would look
better like this: When we find that there is a bug that causes data
corruption we fix the bug rather than supplying a workaround. Our
position is that repair tools are mostly a bandaid, and we would rather
fix the problem.

cheers

andrew