Re: XA support (distributed transactions)

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: XA support (distributed transactions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Florian,
>
>> I believe there are open-source implementations of such transaction
>> managers, but I don't have any links at hand.
>
> In Java, the Sequoia Project.

I haven't used Sequoia, but I don't think you can use it as a general
purpose transaction manager. It does take care of replicating updates to
all the databases it controls, but AFAIK you can't use it to perform ad
hoc distributed transactions across resource managers.

There is a lot of open source JTA (Java Transaction API) transaction
manager implementations, though. JOTM and SimpleJTA to name a few. And
all the J2EE application server implementations include a transaction
manager as well.

I'm not aware of any open source non-Java transaction managers.