Re: Incorrect number of rows inserted into partitioned table

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Incorrect number of rows inserted into partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 4/10/23 20:42, Роман Осипов wrote:
> Good afternoon
>
> When reloading data from a simple table into a partitioned (through
> inheritance) using a query like:*insert into [new_partition_table]
> select * from [old_table] limit xxxxxxx*;
>
> There is an insertion not of the amount specified in *limit*,, but a
> little more or less than it.

Which version? I did try this on master, and I can't reproduce it - the
count at the end returns the correct value (1M).

The rule affects the insert status, which looks e.g. like this:

  INSERT 0 611532

instead of 1M, but that's expected because of the rule, I think.

FWIW I wonder why you use rules, it's rather tricky to get that right,
which is why the usual recommendation is not to use this if there's an
alternative way to do stuff (which for partitioning there is).

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Incorrect number of rows inserted into partitioned table
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect number of rows inserted into partitioned table