Re: Memory leak from ExecutorState context?

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Memory leak from ExecutorState context?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/19/23 20:31, Justin Pryzby wrote:

>> I'm not quite sure what exactly are the numbered patches, as some of the
>> threads had a number of different patch ideas, and I'm not sure which
>> one was/is the most promising one.
>
> patch 2 is referring to the list of patches that was compiled
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230310195114.6d0c5406%40karst

Ah, I see - it's just the "rebalancing" patch which minimizes the total
amount of memory used (i.e. grow work_mem a bit, so that we don't
allocate too many files).

Yeah, I think that's the best we can do without reworking how we spill
data (slicing or whatever).

regards

--
Tomas Vondra