Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>>> So, if we'll not touch grammar, are there any issues with tsearch2 in
>>> core ?
>> Are there any issues with tsearch2 not in core?
>>

> Quite apart from anything else, it really needs documentation of the
> standard we give other core features.
>
> I think if a feature will be of sufficiently general use it should be a
> candidate for inclusion, and text search certainly comes within that
> category in my mind.

I agree here - full text search is of general use (and a very often
requested) feature - including it in core will both help us in marketing
postgresql (which should notbe seen as a "bad" thing at all) and more to
the point it provides an in-core user and showcase for two very powerful
and innovative technologies - GIST and GIN.

Stefan