Re: Optimicing Postgres for SunSolaris10 on V240

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Optimicing Postgres for SunSolaris10 on V240
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Berner,

First, I've corrected you e-mail so that it goes to the list, and not to
me directly.

> I use my PostgreSQL 8.0.4 as Catalogue-Database for Bacula.
> Bacula is a Backupsoftware.

Yes.  The lead contributor to Bacula is a active PostgreSQL project
participant; I'll see if he'll look into your issue.

> When I backing up System (lot of very small Files) then PostgreSQL seams to by the bottleneck by inserting
Catalogueinformationof every single File.
> The System on which Postgres runs is a Sun Solaris 10 Server on a Sun Fire V240 with 1GB RAM, 1CPU
(SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIIiat 1.3GHz), 2 Ultra SCSI-3 Disks 73GB at 10k RPM which are in Raid1 (Solaris Softraid).

> Can someone gif me a hint for compiling PostgreSQL or configuring the Database.
>
> fsync is already disabled..

This is a bad idea if you care about your database.

So, PostgreSQL 8.1 is now official supported by Sun and ships with
Solaris 10 update 2 or later.  It is recommended that you use that
rather and an out-of-date version.   Second, see
www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList

--Josh Berkus

От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: availability of SATA vendors
От: Brian Wipf
Сообщение: shared_buffers > 284263 on OS X