Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> a) is this a bad idea?

Maybe - see below...

> b) would they be affected because they don't use SMTP AUTH

I use SMTP AUTH + TLS through my own server to avoid having plain text
passwords on the wire, and because when I'm sending large emails (ie.
pgAdmin test builds) it is a heck of a lot quicker than sending to a
server on the other side of the planet which can often be slow at the
times I send messages (ie. when you're doing backups).

For similar reasons I don't IMAP directly to your servers - it's just
too slow. I forward to mine and IMAPS to there.

and c) why aren't you using SMTP
> AUTH? ...

See above.

Please don't add SPF for postgresql.org - unless you're willing to add a
record for developer.pgadmin.org as well.

Regards, Dave.