Re: Problem in buidind Postgres with mingw

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Problem in buidind Postgres with mingw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
claudiorainoldi@libero.it wrote:
> Hello
> we've some trouble with buildinq postgreSQL (8.1.4.tar.gz) from code with Mingw on a windows xp home machine.

My experience is that XP-Pro is a better platform for building postgres
than XP-HE.

> We've  installed mingw 5.0.3 and msys 1.0.10.
> >From the msys console we've typed the following command:
> $ LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ configure --without-zlib

Why are you trying to link in this library? That seems dangerous, to say
the least.

> and that's seems ok.
> then we do:
> $make
> the outcome is the following:
>
> Paolo Castiglioni@ACER_CASTY /d/msys/1.0/home/src/postgresql-8.1.4

Why did you not install msys and mingw in the standard locations and
then just use the standard paths (/usr, /home etc).

cheers

andrew