Re: edit grid: linebreak added to data

От Dave Page
Тема Re: edit grid: linebreak added to data
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:
> Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>> Hi developers! Hi Dave!
>>
>> Testing RC2, rev 5607:5610. Client Win XP.
>>
>> There is one more longstanding issue I have not reported yet and can't
>> find in the "known issues" list.
>>
>> In edit mode, you can select an extra linebreak past the last real
>> character. You cannot navigate the cursor past the last real
>> character, but you can select a ghost linebreak - which happens every
>> you enter edit mode. Depending on the used font it is sometimes hard
>> to spot and a possible trap for common copy&paste jobs. In any case,
>> it is annoying.
>>
>> Integer or numeric fields are not affected. But text, char, varchar,
>> date, timestamp (and possibly others) are.
>> The issue has been present since v1.4.2 or earlier.
>> It might be easy fix?
>
> It actually seems to happen on paste, not copy, and happens with the
> editor in rich text mode. It's a wx bug though so I'll log it with them.

Hmm, I think it's actually a Microsoft bug - I see the same behaviour in
Wordpad and Word 2K3, but it's only apparent when pasting into another
rich text editor.

I start Word, and type 'Hello', with no quotes, and no trailing carriage
return, then hit Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to copy to the clipboard. I then paste
the text into Notepad, and see 'Hello', with no trailing CR. I paste the
same text into Wordpad, or Word, and a CR is appended.

And in case you were wondering, we use the wxTE_RICH flag to allow the
control to hold more than 64KB of text (though I do wonder if that's
actually still required).

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: edit grid: linebreak added to data
Сообщение: Re: edit grid: linebreak added to data