edit grid: linebreak added to data

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема edit grid: linebreak added to data
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi developers! Hi Dave!

Testing RC2, rev 5607:5610. Client Win XP.

There is one more longstanding issue I have not reported yet and can't
find in the "known issues" list.

In edit mode, you can select an extra linebreak past the last real
character. You cannot navigate the cursor past the last real character,
but you can select a ghost linebreak - which happens every you enter
edit mode. Depending on the used font it is sometimes hard to spot and a
possible trap for common copy&paste jobs. In any case, it is annoying.

Integer or numeric fields are not affected. But text, char, varchar,
date, timestamp (and possibly others) are.
The issue has been present since v1.4.2 or earlier.
It might be easy fix?

Here's hoping, that this is my last bug report prior to release. :)

Regards
Erwin