Re: Keeping processes open for re-use

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Keeping processes open for re-use
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Csaba Nagy wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 13:35, Hilary Forbes wrote:
>> [snip] Is there a way that we can achieve this in Postgres? We have a
>> situation whereby we have lots of web based users doing short quick
>> queries and obviously the start up time for a process must add to
>> their perceived response time.
>
> Yes: google for "connection pooling". Note that different solutions
> exist for different programming languages, so you should look for
> connection pooling for the language you're using.

If you are using PHP then persistent connections may be a simpler way if
it is enough for your needs.

Basically replace pg_connect with pg_pconnect

Other languages may have a similar option.

http://php.net/manual/en/features.persistent-connections.php

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

Сообщение: Re: Keeping processes open for re-use
Сообщение: Re: Keeping processes open for re-use