Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0

От Lukas Kahwe Smith
Тема Re: Postgres v MySQL 5.0
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Leif B. Kristensen wrote:

> It's hardly more difficult to start using PostgreSQL than MySQL. The
> installation part is mostly the same. Regarding the query language
> itself, the differences are small enough that it doesn't matter much
> from a learning point of view.

The difference is that PostgreSQL does not bundle as much functionality
as MySQL does. Also the simple fact that you have plenty of choices in
PostgreSQL makes it harder as you grow. This is why developers recommend
other developers to use MySQL. Its not only easy to setup, but it will
do what most of them expect even if they grow bigger. Like replication
is in there by default etc.

regards,
Lukas

Сообщение: Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Сообщение: Re: On what we want to support: travel?