Re: Introducing an advanced Frequent Update Optimization

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Introducing an advanced Frequent Update Optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> EnterpriseDB has been running a research project to improve the
> performance of heavily updated tables. We have a number of approaches
> prototyped and we'd like to discuss the best of these now on -hackers
> for community input and patch submission to PostgreSQL core.

Excellent! It would certainly be good for use cases like:

- session data from web (or similar) applications
- real time summary tables maintained by triggers

to "just work", as (certainly in the case of the first one) quite a few
folks have been bitten by exactly the issue you describe.

best wishes

Mark