Re: renaming a DB through UI?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: renaming a DB through UI?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
George Pavlov wrote:
> How is one (or is one) supposed to rename a DB through the pgAdmin UI?
> In 1.4.2 in the DB properties dialog the OK button becomes enabled if
> you changed the name in the dialog, but you get an error about renaming
> the current DB (there does not seem to be a way to not have that DB be
> your current DB). In 1.6 RC1, typing in a new name in the dialog does
> not enable the OK button and does not add the alter SQL to the SQL tab.
> I am wondering if this was a response to the 1.4.2 problem or if a bug.
> If it is a conscious change then graying the field out (as is done with
> the OID, tablespace, etc. fields) might be more appropriate otherwise
> the user is given mixed signals--he/she makes a change and nothing
> happens in response... And of course the big question is whether
> renaming through the UI should be supported.

Hmm, the alter code is there (for generating the SQL at least) albeit
with a minor bug (which is now fixed). It will never work though as it
does indeed execute the SQL within the current DB. We don't have the
necessary infrastructure in place to fix that now, so I've disabled the
textbox for now.

Thanks, Dave.