Re: bug in 1.6 rc1

От Dave Page
Тема Re: bug in 1.6 rc1
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Belbin, Peter wrote:
> a)
>

> I'm using the windows version of the latest 1.6rc1 release of
> pgAdmin-III, and have a consistently reproducible error.
>

> Here are the steps to reproduce it:
>

> After selecting a table, and using the context (right-click-popup) menu
> and choosing 'View Data->View All Rows' to get the Edit Data window,
> then selecting row and column defined as 'character varying(65000)', and
> editing the contained xml, moving away (clicking on another row)
> produces the following error message:

Can you enable query logging on your server and see what is actually
being sent to the server please?

> Subsequent attempts to move to another row produces a dialog box
> querying whether I want to save changes, which leads to another of the
> above messages appearing.
>

> Ie: it enters some sort of loop where it knows data has not been saved,
> but errors out when trying to save it, which sets it up for another
> iteration of the error cycle.

That's intended - it's so you don't lose the text you might have just
spend five minutes typing in (which can be annoying if the error was
caused by a simple constraint error for example. To get out of the loop,
after you see the error either fix it, or hit the undo button to revert
the changes you've made.

> I rather like the ability to just bring up the entire table with a
> single click rather than continually having to navigate into the
> sub-menu of the context menu that appears when you're on a table / view
> type object in the hierarchy on the left.
>

> Is there a way to customize the context menu so that the 'favourite'
> edit window option can be moved to the top layer of the context menu to
> save having to continually navigate into the sub-menu?
>

> This would be a nice customization capability if it's not already
> there.....  if it is already there, do tell.

No, this is not currently possible on the context menu, but you can just
hit the button on the toolbar.

Regards, Dave