Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods
Дата
Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods  ("Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> ... Why would we reject a piece of useful functionality based on a
>> published standard?
>
> Well, size and maintainability of the proposed patch are certainly
> factors in any such decision.  As a closely related example, I bet
> we'd have rejected the original Kerberos-support patch if we'd known
> then what we know now.  It's been a constant source of bugs ever since
> it went in, and with so few users of the feature, it takes a long time
> to find the problems.

To be honest, I have often wondered *why* we support kerberos outside of
the uber l33t geek factor. I have not once in a commercial deployment
had a business requirement for the beast. LDAP? Now that is a whole
other issue :)

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/