Re: Issue in "Find and Replace"

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: Issue in "Find and Replace"
Дата
Re: Issue in "Find and Replace"  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgadmin-support
brandstetter@falter.at wrote:
> Trying to find strings starting with ' ' (space) generally fails.

I found that the alleged issue with the leading space was due to the
option "Whole word" being checked.
However, there are other, more severe issues:
- Replacing ceases to work after non-latin-1 (or at least after German
umlauts) characters in the text. Try the following test case:
'
foo bar test
test
test foo bar
ö  <-- note the umlaut!
foo bar test
test
test foo bar
'
Now, try replacing 'test'. Even "backwards" does not work on the part
after the umlaut.
In case it matters (which I don't think): I have language "Default" and
"Read and write Unicode UTF-8 files" in the preferences.
This issue is _not_ present in the original beta4. Maybe introduced with
your recent fixes?

- If I try a search "From the top" "Forwards", then close the "Find and
Replace" window, even edit the SQL script, then open "Find and Replace"
again, and start a new search (without editing the search text) it does
not search from the top, but continues to search from the last position
before closing the "Find and Repalce" window.
Closing the window should make it forget the last position, IMO.

This issue was not present in the original beta4, because "Find" "From
the top" was broken and never found anything past the first match.
It did, however, remember postion between searches with "from the
cursor" as long as you did not click in the SQL script before opening
the "Find and Replace" window again.

Regards
Erwin