Re: cant conect to dynamic host-URL

От Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Тема Re: cant conect to dynamic host-URL
Дата
Список pgsql-php
[root@sydney ~]# nslookup adocom.dyndns.org
Server:         80.175.29.73
Address:        80.175.29.73#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   adocom.dyndns.org
Address: 84.191.116.130

[root@sydney ~]# telnet adocom.dyndns.org 5432
Trying 84.191.116.130...
Connected to adocom.dyndns.org.
Escape character is '^]'.

Connects fine from my box.  How about firewalls?  We had a weird case at
work a while back where a router somewhere along the line was blocking
all connections until it was ping'd - then after it received a ping,
it'd keep the connection open for 20 minutes or so, then start blocking
again.  Turned out to be faulty!

One thing I would check is the domain name lookup.  Make sure your DNS
servers are properly configured and respond timely (within 2 seconds.)
Repeatedly do a "dig adocom.dyndns.org A" from your client for a minute
and see if any time out and/or fail.

Andy.

Brew wrote:
> Dirk......
>
>     Hi there, ive got a dynamic URL like myname.dyndns.org
>     <http://myname.dyndns.org> which links to my
>     server
>     where my postgres database runs. The Problem is that the Connection
>     fails with error:
>     "Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
>     unknown
>     host name: adocom.dyndns.org <http://adocom.dyndns.org>"
>
>     Now, if i ping my dynamic address and use the resulting IP for the
>     Connection all works fine.
>

> Are you running php on one machine and postgresql on a different machine?
>
> If so, maybe the dynamic address redirection service doesn't handle
> port 5432.   Web servers typically use port 80.
>
> I don't know where my i did something wrong, i use an Java-Applet which
>
>     connects also with the dynamic Address and works fine too.   :(
>

> Does it connect with postgresql, or something else on the machine
> using a different port?
>
> I think you can use telnet (or ssh?) to manually connect to any port
> number of a host and see how (and if) the machine responds and get a
> better idea of what's going on.
>
> brew
>
> --
>
> Strange Brew (brew@theMode.com <mailto:brew@theMode.com>)
>
> Check out my Stock Option website http://www.callpix.com
> and my Musicians Free Classified http://www.TheMode.com
> !DSPAM:37,454926c440414055797109!

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: cant conect to dynamic host-URL
Сообщение: Re: cant conect to dynamic host-URL