Re: WAL Archiving under Windows

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: WAL Archiving under Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Tassonis wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>> Tim Tassonis wrote:
>>> Hi Tom

>>> I must be, as I increased the debug level and that actually took
>>> place. I did get more log messages.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else that could prevent the archiving from taking
>>> place, without giving any message?
>>
>> Did you check Tom's suggestion that you haven't got a duplicate
>> postgresql.conf somewhere?
>>
> As I said, other changes in the config file did have an effect, so that
> hardly can be the issue.

Could it be that for some reason the WAL backup config isn't being
picked up? Stray non-printing character? Typo? Try "show all".

If that fails I'd think the quickest thing might be to initdb an
alternative installation, run it on a different port with its own config
file and push a load of rows through it. See if that picks up your WAL
backup script. If it does, then it must be something with your config
file. If not, then it's something in the code.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd