Re: Replicating changes

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Replicating changes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Taras Kopets wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think you should try to use triggers with
> dbi-link<http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/>to achieve this.
> AFAIK there is no such replication with other RDBMS as you need.
>
> Taras Kopets

Seems like I introduced a small misunderstanding here. The data doesn't
necessarilly go to a database; at least, none that we know about. The
goal here is to export (semi-)real time changes from our database to a
small number of interested parties[1]. It'll probably have to be in some
kind of XML format.

So far we've received some interesting suggestions. I particularly like
the idea of extending Slony-I with a "custom" frontend - though that'll
probably involve more work than a custom solution, it seems much more
powerful.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone.

[1] Those parties probably store our data in a database (they'd be nuts
if they didn't), but that's something beyond our control.

Regards,
--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl