Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...

От Chris
Тема Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
> On 10/30/06, Ashley Moran <work@ashleymoran.me.uk> wrote:
>>  Arguably that's because Ruby and Rails share
>> more of the design philosophy of Postgres, whereas PHP's design
>> rigour seems to be inspired by MySQL.
>
> Could you please give some example of such "inspired by MySQL features
> of PHP design"?

Speed, simple to use..

A huge thing is also that mysql support was originally built into php by
default (way back in v3 at least, not sure how far back it went), a lot
of people didn't realise other databases worked with php, or didn't want
to use other databases. No other languages took that particular approach
(that I'm aware of, I'm sure I'll be informed if I'm incorrect).

So it became the "standard" by default.

Plus most hosts only set up php / mysql and not postgres (or other
db's), though I'm sure that's changing.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/