Re: pl/pgsql or control structures outside of a function?

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: pl/pgsql or control structures outside of a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:28 PM, John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> wrote:
>> Is there any way to use PL/pgSQL code outside of a function?
>
> No.

I kinda figured, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

>> The reason I'm asking is that I'm porting some code from
>> sybase/isql/SQR, and it allows some control code structures to be used
>> in an sql script. For instance,
>
> CASE might work for you.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/functions-conditional.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that for what I'm trying to do,
adding a bunch of case statements would very quickly become
unmaintainable. Wrapper scripts are probably the way to go for me.

Thanks again,
Peter

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: