Re: Modifying SQL parser with extensions?

От Matthias Lüdtke
Тема Re: Modifying SQL parser with extensions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Troy wrote:
> Our package lets you pass individual statements or entire files full
> of SQL with embeded comments as it's not that uncommon among SQL
> dialects - they're just stripped out before getting to the engine, as
> Alvaro suggested.

Unfortunately I need the information in the statement to sort the result
set in a certain way later on. Sorry, I should have mentioned that from
the beginning.

This whole thing I want to implement was already written as a proxy JDBC
driver - from parser to result sorter - and works quite fine. I am now
investigating if it's possible to implement it directly in an RDBMS,
i.e. PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Matthias