Re: Postmaster Out of Memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postmaster Out of Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Gold <jgold@mazunetworks.com> writes:
> I presented the start and the end of what seemed to my uninformed eye to
> be the relevant error messages, since posting all 46.7 megabytes seemed
> impolite.  :-)  According to grep there are 122034 lines that include
> the word "index" in any combination of case.  "DynaHashTable" appears a
> mere eleven times, all at the bottom.  There are 640582 lines in total.

OK.  I'm mildly interested to know where the empty DynaHashTables are
coming from, but with only 11 of them, that's not your problem.  What is
clearly the problem is the 640,000 relcache entries.  If you've only got
600-odd tables and indexes in the database, something is way wrong with
that :-(.

I suppose what we are looking at here is some operation that is
invalidating a relcache entry but failing to clear it.  It might be the
TRUNCATE you mention, or it might be something else.  In any case that
process must have done it somewhere around 640,000 times to get into
this state :-(.  Can you say anything about the history of SQL commands
issued to this process --- is there anything it does repetitively?  A
table or index DDL operation is what we are looking for, not mere
inserts/updates ...