Re: collation problem on 9.1-beta1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: collation problem on 9.1-beta1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Marc Cousin <cousinmarc@gmail.com> writes:
> I've been starting to work on a 'what's new in 9.1' like i did last
> year, and am faced with what I feel is a bug, while building a demo case
> for collation.

> Here it is:

> SELECT * from (values ('llegar'),('llorer'),('lugar')) as tmp
> order by 1 collate "es_ES.utf8";
> ERROR:  collations are not supported by type integer at character 74

This isn't a bug, or at least not one we're going to fix.  ORDER BY
column-number is a legacy syntax that doesn't support many options, and
COLLATE is one of the ones that it doesn't support.

(The actual technical reason for this is that COLLATE turns the argument
into a general expression, not something we can special-case.  You would
get the same error from writing "1 COLLATE something" anyplace else.)