Re: BUG #2719: configure script does not accept --enable-locale

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: BUG #2719: configure script does not accept --enable-locale
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mareks Malnacs wrote:

> Bug reference:      2719
> Logged by:          Mareks Malnacs
> Email address:      mareksm@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2 beta 2
> Operating system:   macos x and solaris x86
> --enable-multibyte=UNICODE options
> Details:
>
> I've downloaded 8.2 beta 2 from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.2beta2/   (from 24.10.2006) and now
> configure script forbids me to use following options:
>
> --enable-locale --enable-multibyte=UNICODE --enable-odbc --with-java
> --enable-unicode-conversion

all of those options are not supported/necessary anymore (java and odbc
are now packaged seperately and the others are useless for a while now)

> From which w/o --enable-multibyte I can't use unicode (utf8) while creating
> new database installation:
>
> initdb -E UNICODE -A password -W
>
> This command says that it will use C encoding instead of specified UNICODE,
> which later on results in not usable database with a lot of localized
> strings.

you probably want to set an appropriate (utf8) locale in your
environment too - and note that the actual error likely says "The
database cluster will be initialized with locale C" not "encoding".
Anyway that does not have anything to do with --enable-multibyte ...

Stefan