Re: [HACKERS] COPY does not work with regproc and aclitem

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: [HACKERS] COPY does not work with regproc and aclitem
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> Tom Lane napsal(a):
>>> This is not a bug and we're not going to fix it, most especially not
>>> like that.
>> OK, The behavior of regproc type is described in the documentation, but
>> if we don't fix it, than Some error message like "Regproc data type is
>> not supported by COPY TO command" could be useful. Because you find that
>> something is wrong when you want to restore data back and it should be
>> too late.
>
> But it works as "expected".  If the approach you suggest would be one we
> would take, then it should emit the same error on SELECT as well,
> shouldn't we?

It is right.

> I think the problem is that regproc COPY is not useful to you for your
> particular use case.  But there are workarounds, like the one I
> suggested and you promptly ignored.

Yes, I read your suggestion It is useful form me thanks for that. But I
thought how to remove that regproc limitation or how to avoid some
confusing. Current mention about regproc limitation/behavior in the
documentation is really best solution.

By the way, If I read carefully your suggestion, Tom's answer and
documentation, correct solution (theoretical) is replace regproc by
regprocedure datatype in the catalog, but there is problem in the
boostrap phase?

    Thanks Zdenek