Re: [HACKERS] COPY does not work with regproc and aclitem

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: [HACKERS] COPY does not work with regproc and aclitem
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>> I prepared patch which use oid output function instead regproc output.
>> This change works only for COPY TO command.
>
> This is not a bug and we're not going to fix it, most especially not
> like that.

OK, The behavior of regproc type is described in the documentation, but
if we don't fix it, than Some error message like "Regproc data type is
not supported by COPY TO command" could be useful. Because you find that
something is wrong when you want to restore data back and it should be
too late.

    Zdenek

Сообщение: Re: Tablespace for temporary objects and sort files
Сообщение: Re: Tablespace for temporary objects and sort files