Re: [HACKERS] Enabling replication connections by default inpg_hba.conf

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Enabling replication connections by default inpg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/2/17 2:59 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> We currently have REPLICATION to mean "physical replication".

Well, it doesn't really mean that.  The same facilities are used to
control access to both logical and physical replication.

> I think if we have another capability for logical replication then we
> would be able to easily allow one or the other, or both, so I don't
> see a problem here that forces us to keep pg_hba.conf the way it is.

I think change is possible and possibly desirable.  One issue is that we
might need to adjust dump/restore so that it keeps existing usages
working.  Details depend on the actual changes, of course.