Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi,

Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Those to statements are at odds with each other, at least based on
> everyone I've ever talked to in a commercial setting. People will use
> terms like 'replication', 'HA' or 'clustering' fairly interchangably.
> Usually what these folks want is some kind of high-availability
> solution. A few are more concerned with scalability. Sometimes it's a
> combination of both. That's why I think it's good for the chapter to
> deal with both aspects of this.

Yabut... at least the PostgreSQL manual should uses the terms correctly.

And while I do perfectly agree that it's a fail-over solution and it
should be mentioned in that section, I'm arguing that it's not replication.

Regards

Markus

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition