Re: New hardware thoughts

От: Arjen van der Meijden
Тема: Re: New hardware thoughts
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

New hardware thoughts  (Ben Suffolk, )
 Re: New hardware thoughts  (Shane Ambler, )
  Re: New hardware thoughts  (Ben Suffolk, )
  Re: New hardware thoughts  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: New hardware thoughts  (Dave Cramer, )
  Re: New hardware thoughts  (Ben Suffolk, )
   Re: New hardware thoughts  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: New hardware thoughts  ("Bucky Jordan", )
     Re: New hardware thoughts  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: New hardware thoughts  (alvis, )
  Re: New hardware thoughts  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
  Re: New hardware thoughts  (Vivek Khera, )

On 20-10-2006 22:33 Ben Suffolk wrote:
> How about the Fujitsu Siemens Sun Clones? I have not really looked at
> them but have heard the odd good thing about them.

Fujitsu doesn't build Sun clones! That really is insulting for them ;-)
They do offer Sparc-hardware, but that's a bit higher up the market.

On the other hand, they also offer nice x86-server hardware. We've had
our hands on a RX300 (2U, dual woodcrest, six 3.5" sas-bays, integraded
lsi-logic raid-controller) and found it to be a very nice machine.

But again, they also offer (the same?) Broadcom networking on board.
Just like Dell and HP. And it is a LSI Logic sas-controller on board, so
if FBSD has trouble with either of those, its hard to find anything
suitable at all in the market.

Best regards,

Arjen

Сообщение: Re: Index on two columns not used
Сообщение: Re: Index on two columns not used