Re: pgbuildfarm.org DNS problem?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pgbuildfarm.org DNS problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
>> Maybe the domain expired and hasn't been re-added to the .org
>> nameservers since being renewed?
>
> Hm, could be.  But whois was showing a 2007 expiration date when I
> looked last night (well over 12 hours ago now) ... so somebody's being
> pretty slow about their updates if that's the answer.

The problem is the domain *did* expire. It was expired for about 6
hours. I of course renewed it, which is reflective in the whois record.
However, for some reason the .Org and/or Discount Domain Registry
haven't released the client hold, although the did update the
expiration. There is nothing I can do until morning at which time I will
call them.

I will note that there were other oddities happening when this all went
down. Jan and I both noticed that .info and .org were not returning
whois records for a time. Don't know if it is related but who knows.

Anyway and interim fix for people is to use 207.173.203.146 in their
hosts file for www.pgbuildfarm.org.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: pgbuildfarm.org DNS problem?
Сообщение: Re: pgbuildfarm.org DNS problem?