Re: profiling on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: profiling on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> has andbody managed to get profiling working on windows?  I'm hacking
> the makefile.global with -pg in CFLAGS the postgres library compiles ok
> but the next one fails:

> what I am I doing wrong?  libgmon.a is provided with mingw.

It could be that libgmon.a can't be linked into a shared library.

(I deal with this all the time on HPUX; it's basically impossible to get
any profiling data about shared library add-ons.  However, you can
install your profilable postgres executable into a matching installation
tree built without profiling, and go from there.  The data about the
core system will all be fine --- its basically just the PLs and encoding
conversion that you can't measure.)

Theory B is that it's one of those symbol-visibility issues that we've
seen before.  Don't recall how to fix that on Windows though.