Re: Index on two columns not used

От: Arnaud Lesauvage
Тема: Re: Index on two columns not used
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Index on two columns not used  (Arnaud Lesauvage, )
 Re: Index on two columns not used  ("Heikki Linnakangas", )
  Re: Index on two columns not used  (Arnaud Lesauvage, )
   Re: Index on two columns not used  ("Heikki Linnakangas", )
    Re: Index on two columns not used  (Arnaud Lesauvage, )
     Re: Index on two columns not used  ("Heikki Linnakangas", )
      Re: Index on two columns not used  (Arnaud Lesauvage, )
  Re: Index on two columns not used  (Péter Kovács, )
   Re: Index on two columns not used  (Markus Schaber, )
    Re: Index on two columns not used  (Alvaro Herrera, )
     Re: Index on two columns not used  (Markus Schaber, )
      Re: Index on two columns not used  (Tom Lane, )

Heikki Linnakangas a écrit :
> Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:
>> It is quite typical, yes. It is the base query of a view. In fact, most
>> views have a lot more joins (they join with all the upper-level tables).
>> But 150ms is OK, indeed.
>
> If the query using the view does anything more than a "SELECT * FROM
> view", you should do an explain analyze of the query instead of the
> definition of the view. The access plan might look very different.

The views are used as linked tables in an Access Frontend.
Some accesses are "select * from view", others might filter
on a country_id or something similar.
For the moment performance is good, so I think I'll keep a
normalized database as long as it is possible !

Thanks for your help Heikki !

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.1.4 - performance issues for select on view using max
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 8.1.4 - performance issues for select on