Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
>> When in doubt, consult the standard ... Oracle's treatment of NULL is
>> known to violate the standard, IIRC. Your measure of correctness seems
>> to be "appears to me more logical", but ours is "complies with the
>> standard".
>>

> I know PG violates the standard in other places and core's favourite argument
> for doing so is "the standard is braindead here, so we do it our way".

In very few places. If you think that an argument like that will make us
break well established standards-compliant behaviour, you are surely
sadly mistaken.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs
Сообщение: Re: bug or feature, || -operator and NULLs