Re: Jdbc/postgres performance

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Jdbc/postgres performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rohit_Behl wrote:
> Hi
>
> I made the following changes to the conf file:
>
> enable_indexscan = true
>
> enable_seqscan = false
>
> We also have a large amount of data being inserted into our tables. I was just wondering if this could have an impact
onthe inserts since I guess this change is on the database.

enable_seqscan shouldn't affect plain inserts, but it will affect
*every* query in the system.

I would suggest using setting  "prepareThreshold=0" in the JDBC driver
connection URL, or calling pstmt.setPrepareThreshold(0) in the
application. That tells the driver not to use server-side prepare, and
the query will be re-planned every time you execute it with the real
values of the parameters.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

От: mark@mark.mielke.cc
Сообщение: Re: Optimization of this SQL sentence
От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: Re: Jdbc/postgres performance