Re: Seqno. is not btree?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Seqno. is not btree?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Anagha Joshi" <ajoshi@nulinkinc.com> writes:
> After as many as 2412081 records are inserted,  I shutdown my server.

> Next day,I tried the following:
> test=3D# select count(*) from vchar;
>  count
> -------
>   2568
> (1 row)
> test=3D# insert into vchar (col_var) values ('VV');
> ERROR:  Index vchar_seqno_key is not a btree

It sounds to me like you've got serious disk problems --- losing a
couple hundred thousand rows is not normal :-(.  The index complaint
also suggests on-disk corruption --- it means that the btree version
information that's stored in the first page of a btree index wasn't
right.

How exactly did you "shut down the server"?  Have you noticed any other
evidence of disk problems, outside Postgres?
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: