Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

От Stefan Sassenberg
Тема Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Sassenberg <stefan.sassenberg@gmx.de> writes:
>> de_DE@euro is ISO-8859-15, if that helps. I changed the locale to
>> en_US.UTF-8 and LC_CTYPE in the environment is set to that value too.
>> Nevertheless "show lc_ctype" says de_DE@euro, even after a postgresql
>> restart. How can I change that?
>
> initdb is the only way to change the database's LC_CTYPE or LC_COLLATE :-(

That's ok for now, I can do so [type type type].

Done. Fine, now my script runs perfectly. Thanks to all who answered.

In the initdb man pages I saw that I can set locale variables, so
there's no need to switch my entire environment to a locale that I don't
want. Is it a necessary restriction that the db encoding must match the
lc_ctype? I can remember a case when I had two dbs with different
encodings and this might happen again. Or is it a problem that I'm using
a localized version of postgresql that uses special characters in the
messages?

Stefan