Re: Is Postgres good for large Applications

От louis gonzales
Тема Re: Is Postgres good for large Applications
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is your server capable?  Does it have enough resources to handle many
connections?

many = ???  100, 200, 1,000,000,000????     are they concurrent users?

'good for large applications' = ???     I'd say, how large your
application is doesn't matter, right... cause that's the front end.  How
well is it coded and does it make efficient logical SQL calls to a well
structured database... that's another question.

I've got a question, "who wants to play, ask 20 questions?"

Sorry for the sarcasm... but this is now 2:00 a.m. EST, and questions
have to be specific to warrant an answer.

If I were to say:

many = YES
good for large applications = YES

Wouldn't you come back then with, "How many?" and "How large of
applications?"

Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Is Postgres good for large Applications ??
> I mean where we have to make many simulataneous connections...
>
> Thanks
> Sandeep

Email:    louis.gonzales@linuxlouis.net
WebSite:  http://www.linuxlouis.net
"Open the pod bay doors HAL!" -2001: A Space Odyssey
"Good morning starshine, the Earth says hello." -Willy Wonka