Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

От Stefan Sassenberg
Тема Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hallo Markus,

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Hallo Stefan,
>
> Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've got a failing sql-Script that I execute with the psql command.
>> The Script contains:
>
> I've been unable to reproduce the error with just that snippet (on
> debian with PostgreSQL 8.1.4). Can you provide a stripped down test case?

Reproduction is difficult. The script runs fine with the same db on
another server with a Linux derived from Knoppix, but also postgresql 8.1.4.

>> ----------------------------8<-----------------------------
>> PANIK:  ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>>         before or while processing the request.
>
> 'Exceeding stack size' sound somewhat like an infinite loop of a
> recursive function... but that's just a very general guess. I think the
> root cause of problems is somewhere else.

As I see it, ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE is a constant that is defined in the
code (pgsql/src/backend/utils/error/elog.c) as 5. 5 illegal bytecodes
that postgresql finds in my statement are enough to cause the panic.

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded
Сообщение: Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded