Problems with window management in SQL query dialogue

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Problems with window management in SQL query dialogue
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi developers!

I am testing pgAdmin III Beta 3 (Oct 12 2006, re: 5475) on Windows XP
(German, latest patch level).
- When I choose from the menu: View -> Default View, the previously
closed "Scratch pad" becomes visible again. However, the menu does not
get updated and keeps displaying the status as hidden: no check in front
of "Scratch pad" in the "VIEW"-menu.

- The main window obviously is not floatable. Top end docks at the menu.
Toolbar and Database bar overlay the main window. So, if I resize the
output pane against the main window, the latter can become hidden behind
the toolbar.
Previous versions had a minimum hight for the main window, which would
be a good idea, still. Maybe the top of the main window could dock at
the bottom of the toolbar (if displayed)?

Situation is the same in the build that Dave mailed me (rev: 5475:5496).

All in all, the SQL query dialogue leaves a "beta" impression, still.

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter